What is the partnership, and why should I get involved?
The Age Friendly Hulme & Moss Side Partnership is a resident-led group whose aim is to make the area a better place to grow older. The Partnership is made up of individual residents, organisations and stakeholders. The Partnership will be working with the Manchester Age-Friendly Neighbourhood Team to discover what it is like to live there, and create an Action Plan for how to make the neighbourhood more ‘age-friendly’.
The Partnership has a resident-led board which is made up or individual residents and organisations. The board is responsible for the creation of an Action Plan, discussing and developing projects and making decisions about the funding. The Partnership will support residents who want to make the action plan a reality, and provide seed funding for people or local groups who want to take ideas forward.
Are you over 50? Do you live in Hulme or Moss Side? Then get involved!
There are many ways you can contribute to the Partnership!
- Come to our next public forum event
- Take us on a walking interview around your neighbourhood
- Become a local investigator and receive support to do your own research
- Become a ‘community investigator’ and help the project gather the views of your friends and neighbours.
- Take part in an interactive workshop and tell us your views
- Work with us to make the neighbourhood action plan, and propose how the area can be made more age-friendly
- Develop and lead projects to make the area more age-friendly
- Be part of the city-wide Older People’s Network board or the Equalities Board for all age-friendly projects in Greater Manchester
- Tell your friends and neighbours about the events and activities the partnership have organised
Drop In: Every Thursday 11am – 1pm, Powerhouse Library, Moss Side
MAFN hold weekly drop ins to let people know about the partnership, discuss project ideas and find out about the neighbourhood. Feel free to come along and have a chat and a tea or coffee.
If you can’t make those times, just get in touch with us and we will find a convenient time to visit you.
If you would like to know more about the neighbourhood partnership, you can also sign up to the Partnership email newsletter below. These will keep you up to date about the Partnership activities and projects, research activities and wider public forums, as well as other Age Friendly events in the neighbourhood:
The Partnership includes many different organisations. Here are just some of the ones we have been working with and are part of the Partnership. If you know of, or work for an organisation working in Hulme & Moss Side who are interested in working with older people to make the neighbourhood more Age-Friendly – please sign up. Just fill in this Membership Form and email it to email@example.com.
African Carribean Care Group (ACCG)
Age Friendly Manchester
Big Life Group
Hulme Community Garden Centre
Kath Locke Centre
Manchester Congolese Organisation (MaCO)
Moss Side Health Centre
Moss Side Residents Association
Moss Side Leisure Centre + Library
MTTC United Daycare
New Hope Fellowship Church
One Manchester (City South + Eastlands)
Platt Claremont Residents Assocation
Restore Support Network
Somali Adult Social Care Agency (SASCA)
Together Dementia Support
Whitworth Art Gallery
Will Griffiths Court